1. The competition is open to U.S. and International entries. Please check individual categories for additional requirements.
2. Feature films are 40 minutes in length or longer. Short films are under 40 minutes in length.
3. Films not in English must be subtitled in English.Ultimately, all films screened at Over-the-Rhine International Film Festival will be subtitled. If possible, please provide your film with subtitles.
4. Films that have shown theatrically or been broadcast on television in Cincinnati prior to the Festival or are available on DVD or VOD are not eligible for consideration.
5. Entries must not have been publicly shown before January 1, 2016.
6. Entries must be submitted for pre-screening on Vimeo or YouTube link. If you use a secured link, you are REQUIRED to keep us updated with passwords or your film may be rejected. You may also send a DVD or BluRay. Should you choose to send a hard copy screener, please send 2 copies for short films or three copies for features.
7. If you are burning a consumer disc, write your Project Title, Film ID# and Contact information on the disc in a clear and legible fashion. Please test your consumer-burned DVD on several makes and models of players before sending it to our offices. Please use recyclable packaging. The DVD’s or BluRay’s will not be returned.
8. Works in progress are not accepted.
9. You may submit multiple entries but must fill out a separate entry form and pay an entry fee for each.
The individual or corporation submitting the film warrants that he/she is authorized to commit the film to at least three screenings at any time during the 2018 Over the Rhine International Film Festival (Over-the-Rhine International Film Festival) September 26 – 30, 2018. MUST send a BluRay for exhibition or a digital file. Over-the-Rhine International Film Festival builds theaters and does not use DCP. Other digital file types may be presentable.
Every possible care will be taken with entries while in our possession, however, we cannot accept responsibility for loss, damage or additional charges incurred en route, or due to normal wear and tear, or due to equipment failure. Do not send original prints or master copies. Additionally, Over-the-Rhine International Film Festival is held harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity or screening of any film.
The cost of shipping an entry to the Festival must be paid by the entrant or preceding festival. All international entries must be sent with all transportation charges, duties, and taxes prepaid by the shipper. For films accepted into the Festival, the entrant is responsible for inbound shipping. In most cases, Over-the-Rhine International Film Festival will pay the cost of outbound shipping of the print to its next destination. However, the Festival will not be responsible for unnecessary expedited or overnight shipping charges to other destinations.
Entrant agrees to grant Over-the-Rhine International Film Festival permission for accepted films and related marketing materials to be reproduced and distributed – in whole or in part – SOLELY for purposes of jurying, education, and promotion of the festival.
ALL OF THE FOLLOWING MUST ACCOMPANY YOUR ENTRY:
Entry fee (must be paid online).
3-Line Synopsis (may be used for Festival Program and website)
Feature Length Films: 250 Word Synopsis (may be used for Festival Program and website)
Students: Include proof of student status at the time of production. (Copy of student ID or transcript.).
Accepted entries must submit at least one digital 300dpi still photo from the film and at least one web-ready still at 72dpi and 560×315 pixels.